If you commuted to an office job prior to the pandemic, you might find there’s no need to return to the office, even as pandemic restrictions shift. For many people, remote work is the new normal.
The 2022 Volkswagen Taos compact SUV is ready for this new era. It offers Volkswagen Car-Net® Remote Access1 standard, including a Volkswagen Car-Net® Hotspot with a 1-month/1GB (whichever occurs first) trial subscription.2 With Wi-Fi in your Taos, you can find new opportunities to work just about anywhere.
Here’s a list of 33 unexpected places you could get some work done from inside your Taos-enabled Wi-Fi hotspot.3 While you might never explore all of these, it’s nice to know that with Taos and Volkswagen Car-Net®, the possibility exists.
With your Taos as a hotspot, you could work…
- Before going into the hair salon, because you’ll settle for nothing less than shear excellence.
- While parked at a fast-food drive-in, because completing that project on time and on budget is all the excuse you need to order a bacon double cheeseburger.
- While waiting to pick your kids up from school, because you’re looking for an A on your upcoming performance review.
- Before starting a game of laser tag, because you want to hit your productivity targets—not the other way around.
- Before strolling over to the dog park, where your canine pal will do some informal networking.
- Before heading into the gym to hit the treadmill, because you don’t want it to become a metaphor for your career.
- While parked before running a 5k, so you can prepare for the marathon work week ahead of you.
- In the passenger seat while the family drives to see giant redwoods, because there’s this one work task that’s been sitting around forever.
- After filling your tank with unleaded and while filling your belly with gas station snacks, because everyone needs fuel for their work performance.
- While parked at a campground, getting ready to tell everyone scary campfire stories about your most recent meeting.
- Inside the Taos while your friend washes the exterior, because that friend made a bet with you—and lost.
- In the passenger seat while your spouse is at the wheel, because working is more productive than arguing over who gets to drive the Taos.
- While parked at a lookout at nighttime, under a canopy of stars, because if you can get that promotion, you’ll open a galaxy of opportunities.
- While waiting to go inside for a dentist appointment, because you’d rather get your teeth cleaned than return to in-person office meetings.
- After parking at the lakefront, because it’s important for your career that you keep up with your piers.
- While parked outside a cider mill, because this is your opportunity to juice your career.
- Before going inside the supermarket to pick up groceries, because you’ve got some new business software to add to your online shopping cart.
- Before your dance class begins, because while it takes two to tango, it takes you and three others to figure out the new accounting software.
- While in the parking lot waiting for a pie from your favorite pizza place, because you prefer to tackle work tasks one slice at a time.
- Before your kid takes the field for soccer practice, because… work goals.
- Before heading inside to a Halloween costume party, because there’s no disguising your ambition.
- In the driveway of a for-sale house you’re about to tour, because you’re expecting to get that big bonus this year.
- While waiting for the garden-store staffer to haul bags of mulch to your Taos—the perfect time to direct-message your colleagues about office dirt.
- In the passenger seat as your friend drives to a favorite hiking spot, because working hard is in your nature.
- At a drive-in movie theater, as you put the finishing touches on your blockbuster report.
- Back in the Taos after finishing some early holiday shopping, because your career coach encouraged you to go into sales.
- Prior to a work picnic with your colleagues, so you can check out spreadsheets before bringing out your blanket.
- Before going into a modern art gallery, as you attempt to interpret your co-worker’s abstract reasoning.
- While your friend drives you to an outdoor concert, because you want to wow the work crowd with your solo presentation performance.
- While parked and eating a doughnut from your favorite doughnut truck, because eating doughnuts is one in-office tradition that you simply refuse to give up.
- Before heading to an author’s reading at a local bookstore, because you want to make your next presentation a real page-turner.
- While waiting in your car for your cat at a vet appointment, because your email inbox currently looks more like a litter box.
- Using a videoconference background that’s likely to make your co-workers envious: the cool, modern interior of the Taos.
Work aside, it’s time for some fun:
1 Available on most MY20 and newer vehicles. Always pay careful attention to the road and do not drive while distracted. Certain services require trial or paid subscriptions, which may have their own terms and conditions. VW Car-Net requires cellular connectivity, availability of vehicle GPS signal, and acceptance of Terms of Service. Not all services and features are available on all vehicles. Certain VW Car-Net services, such as Roadside Call Assist, connect out to third-party providers that may require additional payment. Standard text and data rates may apply for app and web features. Certain services may collect location and vehicle information. See Terms of Service, Privacy Statement, and other important information at www.vw.com/carnet.
2 VW Car-Net hotspot requires vehicle cellular connectivity and availability of vehicle GPS signal. Certain services may collect location information. 30-day/1GB (whichever occurs first) hotspot trial begins on activation date. Limit one trial per vehicle. Up to 8 devices can be supported using in-vehicle connectivity. Use of VW Car-Net hotspot is subject to wireless data provider’s customer agreement.
3 The Wi-Fi hotspot feature is intended for passenger use only. 4G LTE coverage is not available in all areas. See materials provided for terms, privacy, data security details. Requires trial or paid Wi-Fi plan from third party wireless provider.